Prep work dominated this week. I keep saying that paint is coming, but, for reals, paint is going up next week.
- The gas stove was installed. We learned that most insurance companies require professional installation, which makes sense.
- Aaron finished the studio side of pole holes. This required building a mini sub floor in each opening and adding drywall on the bottom (studio side). Insulation and plywood on the top will finish these off.
- We had our lots surveyed so we can get permits for the fence. The picture below doesn’t really show it (you wouldn’t guess that I’m part of a cracker jack photography team based on this sample), but the trees we thought were in our lot are actually on the line. So we own half of 2 trees, which will require a slight adjustment in the fence plan. Awesome…
- Aaron removed the old commercial fire alarm system, including the wires that were draped throughout the studio.
- He finished patching the holes in the ceiling, including the gaping hole where the garage door opener was installed.
- He fixed the bad duct work and add vents, as well as adding new conduit and electrical for a future light fixture over a future conference table.
- We noticed the fresh air ducts on the furnaces in the studio were leaking. A little caulk solved that problem.
- He finished the trim around the door leading to the basement.