Things are starting to ramp up at the firehouse. I thought it would be fun to do a quick Friday update with some of the happenings so we can track progress each week.
- Tuesday was the first day Aaron could really dig in and start work. That meant a lot of measuring, planning and giving more money to Lowes than I want to think about. That included two big purchases: pressure washer and paint sprayer.
- The contractor came out to take more measurements of the bricked up windows and we got our first peek behind the drywall:
- We discovered that DryLok can’t be sprayed on and we’ll need to brush the entire basement. Guess what we’re doing this weekend… you only get one shot… Did you get it?!
- Aaron did a few minor repairs in the basement, like replacing a leaky spigot.
- He also discovered that the vent for the water heater was “swiss cheese” and fixed that too.
- We had the garage door inspected. The bottom two panels are damaged and were hit from the inside. They’ll need replaced so we’re waiting on a quote.
It doesn’t sound like much, but the thinking/planning/measuring stage is crucial. We should start to see some visible progress next week!