Aaron has received no less than 5 “I’m so excited” text messages this week thanks to the progress at the firehouse. They’re very witty texts along the lines of “EEEeeeee!!” and “Wooohooo” and “Yay progress!” Here are the highlights:
- The new windows arrived!
- Aaron got the first look at our roof that wasn’t aided by Google Maps thanks to a local flat roofing company we found to make a few repairs.
- The contractors scraped the old plaster off the ceiling in the studio and dining room.
- Two old windows in the stairwell (ones that weren’t bricked over) were replaced with new windows.
- Aaron made more progress mudding and taping the studio side of the big wall that separates our work and living space.
- ADT activated our security system (would be thieves: beware!)
- The old windows that were sandwiched between brick and drywall were removed. More on this next week!
- We finished sealing the basement.
- The contractors started knocking out the brick and installing windows!
We owe you lots of progress pictures, which will be easier to come by when we MOVE IN next week!!